A Teeny Hallowe'en Blog Hop!

Helloooo, blogland~ I hope you guys are ready for another fun Blog Hop courtesy of our Spooktacular Hostess, Jo! I've been remarkably (regrettably) remiss with blogging this latter part of the year but how can I miss these fun hops?!  If you're happening upon my post randomly, please start your journey at Jo's blog to collect the letters in order~

Google-y Oogley

This year I accomplished a tiny finish of a Mill Hill kit. I bought this in a thrift store when visiting my Grandma last year, and I brought it back to her house this year to work on! Grandmas make enthusiastic observers and she was suitably impressed with the tiny beads, teasing me for stitching with "grains of sand".

Wendy's Rosey's cat

Obviously I had to have this one because of the black cat, right!  I really liked the black "rainbow" beads.  It's like they were a beaded oil slick of color.  This is the first Mill Hill I've worked on where it had one of the special, fancy beads (the pumpkin collar charm).  Of course I made a few minor changes because what's a piece without personalization~?  I regret not using more floss though.  The kit suggested using three strands for the cross-stitches but I like my loop starts.  This has been done in two strands and hindsight being 20/20, I should've gone up to four strands.  There were definitely enough materials to do so!  So kitty looks a little bald in spots haha~  It's mostly noticeable here in the photos; it's not bad in person.

oil slick black beads

To finish it off, I glued (eeeeek!) some black felt to the back to hide protect the stitches, and then attached the magnet that came with the kit.  I considered making this another ornament finish but now I can decorate my fridge for Hallowe'en instead of an ornament tree that I don't have. Win/win!

Technical Details
  • "Wendy's Cat" - MH18-5206, a counted glass bead kit by Mill Hill.
  • Perforated paper, teeny tiny beads (most were petites), magnet.
  • Started October 4, 2019; finished October 18, 2019; unknown hours.

๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ

And of course, you're here for the letter!

capital i, not lowercase L!

So ghoul your way on to the next haunting, which is Tiffstitches a Blog! She always has some awesome Hallowe'eny stuff.   Since I schedule these posts for the early morning hours, I'll come back and edit the links to go to the specific pages once they're (and I'm!) up.

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!

17 comments:

  1. I'm in the same cauldron as you, not been a great blogger but can't miss the Halloween Blog Hop by Jo. Thanks for the letter. Very wicked Mill Hill too xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your black cat stitch! What a great idea to make a fridge magnet! My ornament tree is pretty full - but my fridge is bare. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute black cats, nice stitching. Thank you for the letter. Joyeux Halloween ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, you're too kind. :) Love your black cat and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop this year.
    I am so glad I tempted you back into making a blog post!
    Love that beaded kitty. A spooky fridge is a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your black kitty is too cute! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous little cat - thanks for the letter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you back, even if it's just for this post. Hope life isn't treating you too badly.
    Your little kitty is super cute; the 'rainbow' black beads must look fantastic in real life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stitching, thank you for the letter, Happy Halloween ๐Ÿฆ‡

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm haunting my way through collecting letters. Love your Mill Hill finish. Grandma's are fun to observe anything with. Thanks for the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard not to like a Mill Hill Halloween kit, your kitty is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've missed you, Rosey! Love your little black kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to hear from you, even if it's just for the blog hop. Love your cat! I usually go with the threes strands on those Mill Hill kits...I do miss my loop start, but the coverage is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Rosey. It is so good to be back in blogland again. I have missed all of my blogging friends so much.

    Your black cat is just adorable and perfect for the hop. Hope to see you alot in 2020' RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bold black kitty is cute! I have been away from blogland longer than you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I am quite slow at stitching and your kind words are all a wonderful source of encouragement~ :D

I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥