Whew, this post has a lot of tags! Prepare yourselves for all the excitement and exclamation marks!
 |
| click to join the fun! |
 |
| before |
|
 |
| after |
|
Tadaaaa~ Rathalos is finished and I am so happy with how he turned out! I showed him to my husband (stitched for him) and he got that goofy big kid grin ehehe. I asked him how he wanted it finished and he said Rathalos can't be alone. Good thing I have the Missus (Rathian) charted up already! He didn't answer my question on how to finish this so I may have made a mistake because I thoughtlessly said, "Wouldn't he be cute as a cube!?" Well, obviously a cube has more than one or two sides so I suppose we'll have to figure out four more Monster Hunter glyphs to chart up! I'm sure Brachydios will be one, as well as "The Pickle." I hope GG is running for the next 100 years hah.
Technical Details
- "Rathalos" glyph from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, pattern charted by me.
- 2 over 1 on 20-count light tan jobelan fabric.
- Finished size: 3.50 x 3.50" (9 x 9 cm).
- Started: June 9, Finished: September 7. 12.5 hours.
 |
| bad photo, sorry! |
I have been continuing on with the Christmas afghan CAL found on
Repeat Crafter Me. I finished up the next square, the Christmas tree, the weekend before last. I have somewhat figured out how to carry my yarn within the stitches so, as you can see, there are MUUUUUUUUUUCH fewer tails to deal with. Also, because this is turning into a major stash-busting project, I've been changing around the colors. My yellow is a bit on the pale side so I was afraid the star wouldn't show up. I made a small applique star using this
freebie pattern. After the ends are woven in (can you tell I'm avoiding these things like the plague hah) I will attach it to whichever side looks the prettiest!
 |
| about 50% complete |
I have also started the next square! Here you can see the C2C method growing since it's worked in the diagonal. It's an interesting way to crochet! I am trying something different with the yarn since there are so many color changes (one line changed color 12! times). I set the skeins out in order of the line I'm working on, and then rearrange them as I go. I don't wind up with a big blob of spaghetti yarn and it helps eliminate some of those ghastly tails. I'm also using two skeins of the same color for the background as it's too far to carry from one side to the other.
 |
| knit stitch |
 |
| knit & purl! |
I can knit! (!!!!!!!) I practiced casting on for about a week, then moved on to the knit stitch which got practiced for another week. Then, the purl! Knit and purl combine in various ways to make all sorts of strange patterns but this is just knitting one row, purling the next row to create the basic stockinette stitch. I was so excited by my little practice blob I ran around the house brandishing my needles with it attached at my husband who was amused. Yay! I found a couple of dishcloth patterns that I will probably attempt, though I'm still not sure I'd use them as dishcloths! I will probably make them into potholders.
 |
| join all the fun! |
Last but not least, TUSAL as hosted by It's Daffycat! There's a healthy sprinkling of Rathalos in there as well as the Flower of the Month SAL finish (hallelujah).
I could keep going on and on but I think it would be safer if I stopped here! Thank you for reading and I'll hopefully ramble again for IHSW!
Great post congrats on a finish and with lots more to come lol. If they have a logo you could always do that for the top of the cube.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on beautiful Rathalos, but he still needs company, yay! You definitely won't lack for gifted gorgousness posts, lol, I see you have your hands full on other pretty stuff:)
ReplyDeleteHah, I am glad I like making these patterns! I knew that Rathalos would need his wifey eventually but four more after that! :D o well they shall be fun! Thank you~~ :D
DeleteWow! You have been busy!
ReplyDeleteI have been trying to be busy! Must cram it all in now before fall cleaning starts haha! :D
DeleteWell done on finishing Rathalos, he looks great! Excellent work on the Christmas afghan too and yay for learning to knit! Nothing can stop you now :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you, I'm quite pleased with how he turned out! I hope the next one(s) will be just as good! :D
DeleteAnd yes, one more crafty skill closer to taking over the worrrrrld. /cough. I mean, making it cozy with sweaters. Right. :x
Congratulation on a finish. I love your Christmas tree . Yay for getting hang of knitting !
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I am happy with the Christmas tree even if it involved a few creative liberties. :D
DeleteCongrats on your great stitching finish. The tree square of your crochet looks fantastic and well done on learning to knit!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the great finish and your successful knitting adventures!!:) Well done!!
ReplyDeleteThe afghan square looks lovely. How many squares are you going to make?
A post full of lovely things. Such fabulous crochet squares, they look amazing. Well done on learning to knit, your stitches look very neat.
ReplyDeleteORT jar is filling up nicely.
Your post is bursting with lovely pieces!! Congrats on the sweet finish and wishing you all the best on the knitting fun project!!
ReplyDeleteRathalos is very cute. You may have made a rod for your own back, suggesting the cube! I love the crochet Christmas Tree - you are very clever. I'll be back next month to check on progress.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Your talents keep increasing. A cube sounds like a super idea.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's great, you can knit know. It's not as complicated as you think it is when you start learning it.
ReplyDeleteGreat stitching finish - and yes, a cube with all sides showing a stitched motif of the same kind, that's a fun idea. I'm very curious to see the first companion piece.
Your CAL looks fantastic! And great start on knitting. When I started I realized stockinette stitch went so quickly I tried to make a scarf. That doesn't work unless you through in a couple garter stitch rows, because it all rolls up in a long cylinder otherwise. :) Great xstitch finish too!
ReplyDeleteWow, Rosey, you embroider, crochet hooks and knit, it is great !!!
ReplyDeleteI also I have to change my interests :-)))
Tusal growing :-)
I send cordial greetings to you!
Are there any needle crafts you can't master?! Your crochet looks very neat and I'll be interested to see how you make that cube up!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute design! I love it that your husband loves your stitching! I can't wait to see the other sides! Your tree looks fabulous...and your knitting is so neat. I can't knit to save my life so I admire your talent.
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking part in GG this month. A cube for your hubby sounds awesome and will give you quite a few more month's contributions!
ReplyDeleteThe crocheted square is looking good but I'm afraid I just nodded along with the description. I have no idea what you're talking about LOL. Pretty colours though.
Fab finish and woohoo! On the crochet and knitting :) That square is awesome. XOX
ReplyDeleteOh Rosie....how fantastic!!! I've disappeared for a short while and you've been doing amazing things!!! The afghan block looks so pretty.....and you're knitting!!! Go girl!! What are you planning to knit?
ReplyDeleteWell done on Rathalos being done! Have you started Mrs already?