Aloha, world! Ignoring the fact that it is mid-July already, we shall embrace the fact that it is time for Gifted Gorgeousness, hosted by the fabulous Jo!
I've done a bit more work on Rathalos (gift for my husband ♥) though not as much as I'd've liked. I seem to have stalled because of a color issue.
The color of his lower jaw is driving me nuts. I've tried one color, too pink. I've tried another color, too orange. I've blended them together, still not quite right though it is close. I think I might have to go stash shopping (oh, shucks!) with this piece tucked in my purse. Really not looking forward to frogging it for the fourth time (once was for miscounting two frogs in, bah)! But apart from my Very Picky color selections, he's really quite nice to stitch. He's small enough (the hoop marks are from a 4" hoop) that even a little bit of stitching shows a lot of progress!
Next up we have TUSAL where we gather around and admire our lovely remnants of progress! I feel like I've all kinds of progress in there, violets are done, sweet peas are done, lily-of-the-valley is started, infinite Rathalos frogs...........
Last but not least, I have surpassed that special 100 followers milestone, yay! I think I'll offer a little giveaway (use it for GG? :D) to celebrate. Remember Dolphin Trio? I was given this Dimensions kit by family not once, but THREE times! They must know I like dolphins. :) I will be realistic with myself and acknowledge that I will not stitch this three times so I am offering up the other two kits for two winners (one kit per winner)!
Sparkly Fun Rules
This giveaway will close Wednesday, July 29th and the winners will be posted on my FotM SAL post on the 31st. Good luck and thank you for listening to my rambles! Giveaway closed; thanks, guys! :D
| click to join the fun! |
I've done a bit more work on Rathalos (gift for my husband ♥) though not as much as I'd've liked. I seem to have stalled because of a color issue.
The color of his lower jaw is driving me nuts. I've tried one color, too pink. I've tried another color, too orange. I've blended them together, still not quite right though it is close. I think I might have to go stash shopping (oh, shucks!) with this piece tucked in my purse. Really not looking forward to frogging it for the fourth time (once was for miscounting two frogs in, bah)! But apart from my Very Picky color selections, he's really quite nice to stitch. He's small enough (the hoop marks are from a 4" hoop) that even a little bit of stitching shows a lot of progress!
Next up we have TUSAL where we gather around and admire our lovely remnants of progress! I feel like I've all kinds of progress in there, violets are done, sweet peas are done, lily-of-the-valley is started, infinite Rathalos frogs...........
Last but not least, I have surpassed that special 100 followers milestone, yay! I think I'll offer a little giveaway (use it for GG? :D) to celebrate. Remember Dolphin Trio? I was given this Dimensions kit by family not once, but THREE times! They must know I like dolphins. :) I will be realistic with myself and acknowledge that I will not stitch this three times so I am offering up the other two kits for two winners (one kit per winner)!
Sparkly Fun Rules
- Be a
minionfollower on the Google gadget (top right on my blog). I know many people use feedly, etc. but there's no way of showing that! - Comment saying you want to be entered! No ambiguity lol!
- I ship worldwide!



How frustrating to just not be happy with a colour and frog so many times! But when something bothers you, you've got to deal with it!!! I'm sure you'll find just the right colour!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Dani, if it's driving you crazy, change it. The lower jaw does look a little odd in that particular shade. Looking forward to how you resolve this! Thank you for the chance ")
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching and orts Rosey. I would love to be entered in your giveaway.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Thank you, ma'am! I have entered you into the drawing hat~ :D
DeleteRosey, and sometimes I have difficulty choosing the right colors :-)))
ReplyDeleteTUSAL growing :-)
I do not want dolphins, but I want to be favorite, ha ha ha!
Greetings!
Hi Rosey, Thank you for commenting and following my blog. I'm now a follower too :).I would love to be entered in the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteHello and welcome aboard! :D I make no promises of not being too ramble-y~
DeleteI have added you into the drawing hat, g'luck~
Congrats on 100 followers! I'll be there in a while lol. Please don't enter me as I have a lot on my plate lol but good luck to the entrants!
ReplyDeleteHi :) Congratulations on 100 follower! And lovely stitching as well :)
ReplyDeleteI would love to be entered in your giveaway ^_^ Thank you
Have a great day :)
Thank you and thank you~ :D
DeleteI have added you to the drawing hat, good luck!
Congrats on the 100+ Minions ;) pls count me in for your giveaway (straightforward, no ambiguity:))
ReplyDeleteYou made good progress on your gift piece. I hope you get the thread shades that will make you feel happy to stitch with.
Congratulations on all your Minions! Soon Ishkabibble will be heading for world domination!
ReplyDeleteI love the stitch for your husband, so unusual. Are you trying to copy a picture or is this a character you've designed yourself? I think the pink looks fine but obviously if you're copying an existing character you will already know what colour you want.
How funny that 3 members of your family bought you the same chart? I wouldn't stitch it for many years so please don't include me but lovely of you to offer these up.
Congratulations on reaching a milestone :) 100 Minions is really good!! Hope we're not driving you as crazy as some of these little yellow characters can be :D
ReplyDeleteI suggest you keep stitching until you're happy with the colour combination. It must be so frustrating!! I tend to be boring & stick to the suggested colours...
Please do not enter me on your giveaway. It is a wonderful design but a bit too big for me to be able to stitch straight away.
That is such an interesting design. I hope you find the perfect pink - it is so frustrating to have to frog, but being happy with the finished project will be worth the effort.
ReplyDeleteHow frustrating, I hope you can find the right colour.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 100 followers.
I also have had issues with color choices lately, the perfect color is out there somewhere! It's so cute, I'm sure your husband will love it, especially after all the work you've up into it. Well done on getting so many followers!
ReplyDeleteI quite like the look of Rathalos! But I understand what it's like to be frustrated with a color, so good luck finding one that makes you happy.
ReplyDeleteSo true, frogging when you're not satisfied with the color. I've been guilty of changing some colors too esp. when it blends with the fabric.Beautiful progress on your GG. Congrats on the 100 followers, you really ought to celebrate:)
ReplyDeleteYes, I get quite frustrated when floss blends into the fabric too! I suppose it is a consequence of creative liberties haha. Thank you muchly, I shall do a happy wiggle to celebrate~ :D
DeleteOh those color problems drive you goofy, or me at least! Hooray on so many followers!
ReplyDeleteYes, they are quite crazy! Luckily there are so many colors to choose from, it's just a matter of having them all haha. :D Thank you so much~
DeleteThanks for taking part in GG this month. I has the same issue with Pretty Little London, I tried to substitute one colour because it was the only DMC thread I didn't thave, out of the entire 400plus range! But nothing looked right so I gave in and bought the charted shade!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the following milestones. I'll pass on the Dolphins, besides, I won last time LOL
Sorry you're being frustrated by that colour, but I'm sure you'll find just the one you want. ORT jar is looking good!
ReplyDeleteHow frustrating is that colour! But at least you're _forced_ to go stash shopping. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I know, it was such a terrible tragedy to be forced into stash shopping dramatic sigh ahaha! At least I went into this stitch knowing there might be issues with the pattern~ :D
DeleteHope you can find a colour that you are happy with.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 100 followers.