Gifted Gorgeousness - June Edition! Finish, New Start, and TUSAL!

Here we are, already in the middle of June so it's time for an update on Gifted Gorgeousness project(s) as hosted by Jo!  And it's the second month in a row for a finish, yaaaay!

click to join the fun!

before

This kit was gifted to me by my husband's grandmother(s) when I first started stitching as they knew I like dolphins. I should've paid it more attention but somehow it wound up a piece to "snack on" so to speak.  It was started sometime in the latter half of 2010 so it is was my oldest WIP!  I'm so glad it's done although I did have some issues with the backstitching charted.  You can't even tell it's there in some of the spots so I wondered what the point was haha.  There's also a healthy sprinkling of French knots which I dutifully ignored the pattern and just put them wherever I thought looked bare lol.

after, and more true to color

And of course I washed it so that helped that goofy stiff Aida some.  There are a few (probably more than a few) mistakes in this piece.  My organizational skills weren't up to snuff at the time and I think I spent more time trying to figure out what color was what than actually stitching!

Technical Details
  • Dolphin Trio, Dimensions kit 6817
  • (Mostly) 2 over 1 on blue VERY STIFF 14-count Aida
  • Finished size: 5" x 7" (13 x 18cm)
  • Started: September ??, 2010, Finished: June 08, 2015
  • Unknown hours as I wasn't keeping track at the time
  • Contender for messiest back ever, I hope I have learned better!

king of the sky

And in the spirit of continuing on with GG, I have started a new piece (no, not a FPS, not yet)!  This little thing will be a gift for my husband who likes my "sewing" and sort of hinted that he might put a piece on his desk at work if I just so happened to make one.  I made the pattern from this Rathalos glyph, one of the signature wyverns in the Monster Hunter video game series we both love playing together. Doesn't look like much right now but I hope he'll like it (or at least be a good husband and ooh and ahh over it appropriately ahaha).  It is being stitched on 20-count Jobelan, light tan.  It's my first time using this fabric and it is so soft and so lovely to hold!  And unravels if I look at it wrong.  Or right.  Or if it just sits there.  My goodness gracious.

In other news, I found the ecru huck towels again yaaaaaay!  There is a Hancock Fabrics in the area and although their selection for needlework is quite small, they carry them!  Unfortunately there wasn't a coupon to use on it but maybe there will be one eventually.  Then I could just hoard the rest of the year and not risk not being able to find them again.  I bought just one so I can start advancing my FotM progress again.  Just gotta plow my way through the silly violets.  I won't start April until February is finished, I won't I won't I won't.

June TUSAL... already?!

Lastly, a day early but I'll squeeze my TUSAL in here so we can all sit around my ORT jar and admire the little snippets.  We've got a finish of Dolphin Trio, some snippets of violets, and a little bit of Rathalos.  Woo!  Also, right after this picture I returned the jar to its rightful location -- and dropped it end-over-end.  ORTs were packed so tightly in there nothing moved ahaha.

Until next time!  My fingers almost feel productive for once! :D :D

site update for self-reminder: widened the page, added new header (stitchy girl), added credits to "about"

20 comments:

  1. Those dolphins are so sweet, well done on finishing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosey, your dolphins are very nice, as living!
    I look forward to a gift for your husband :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Dolphins Rosey ♥ and your stitching is beautiful too! Your ORT jar shows how busy in this month :)) Very well done!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful dolphin finish. My DH loves to see my stitching, I feel very blessed as I know lots of ladies who have partners that are not interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I do not know what a wyvern is but it looks cool! And I am glad your husband likes it!
    I am so glad you found your huck towels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on finishing your WIP :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your dolphin finish! How sweet of you stitching that for your hubby, I'm sure he's going to show it off:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot~ It's nice to have something so old (and small yikes!) finally finished! Most of my husband's coworkers have family pictures on their desks, he will have a video game monster haha. :D

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the lovely dolphin finish !!:) looking forward to your stitching piece for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish on the dolphins. I'm sure your husband will love his stitched glyph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your finish!! These dolphins really look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your finish! I like that term "snack on" so true, I think we all have a piece like that which we pick away at for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for taking part in GG this month and congratulations on finishing your oldest WIP. I love the water effect you have achieved.

    I also like that you have widened your blog posts, I only have one side column on mine so the posts are the main focus of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on the finish! Sometimes it's the oldest, smallest projects that take the longest to finish... certainly in my case! My husband often sounds generally impressed with what I've made, but I don't think he'd put it up in work... well done you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am hopeful I won't let anymore projects run away from me like that ever again!

      And I hope that he will enjoy his two-legged dragon at work. Something different, anyway! :D

      Delete
  14. These dolphins are looking so great, congratulations on finishing them. And a great new start on thisn piece for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done on your Dolphin finish! It does feel good to have a finish - especially a long term project!
    Great new start happening.. :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great finish, it's always extra satisfying when it's a UFO. Nice ORT collection.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the finish! It's always fun to finish a project that's been sitting around for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely to have a Happy Dance and your ORTs are looking good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I am quite slow at stitching and your kind words are all a wonderful source of encouragement~ :D

I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥