No, No, Anything But a Frog!

Not too much progress this week but any progress is still progress! :D

last week @ three hours

Sooo, I started off the week swimmingly -- with a frog! A lovely four stitches were somehow accounted for without actually having been stitched. And it wasn't in an area where I could just politely ignore the mistake; it would've thrown off all of the lettering which is kinda important. So, I picked out the bottom green area and remedied it.

post-frog, six hours (sigh)

seven and a half hours!

Is it making any more sense? (Hint: It is a logo like FFVII and FFVIII.) If I wasn't the one who made the pattern and stitched it, I would have absolutely no idea what was going on! Claws..? With wings? Maybe?! This was a very fiddly pattern to make and it's proving to be very fiddly to stitch. I foresee myself doing the "lay some floss on the picture and dashing across the room to see if it looks okay" thing again.

Also. ALSO. I haaate this fabric! It was something I found at a thrift store (of course), new in package. At the time, I was super excited because it was the right size/count for a Final Fantasy for 50¢. Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. It frays if it's looked at wrong, it's crooked, and stitching on it is something else. I know hardanger is woven a bit differently than Aida but it is sooo easy for the floss to slide out of the little hole where it belongs! I will continue to use it for this project because I'm stubborn (silly) like that but I cannot say I recommend Regency cross-stitch fabric after this experience (previously had used Charles Craft). Has anyone else had problems with that brand or did I just get lucky?

Okay, enough complaining! I have some chicken katsu curry to make for dinner (yum), brownies to bake for dessert (super yum), and stitching to do (no yum as I don't need that much fiber in my diet)! Enjoy your productive fingers next week, too! :D

10 comments:

  1. Sorry about the visit from the frog...hope he's gone and not coming back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I'm sure he'll be back. He always manages to find a comfortable spot here haha. :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And stay away!! (Never going to happen ahaha!)

      Delete
  3. Sorry you had a frog visit, hope the rest of the project goes swimmingly......

    ReplyDelete
  4. bad bad mister frog...stay away from this lovely WIP :)
    must admit that this fabric seems indeed difficult to work with...
    can't wait to see more
    happy stitching :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This fabric is going to make me cry before it's done, I can feel it ahaha. At least this frog was (relatively) easy to fix because it was mostly tent stitches. @_@

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I am quite slow at stitching and your kind words are all a wonderful source of encouragement~ :D

I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥