I feel like I need more acronyms in the post title, lol!
I'm always so timely with these things but first up we have a delicious TUSAL. If you have no clue what TUSAL is, head on over to Daffycat's blog and join the fun!
I don't often buy doughnuts. They're tasty but eating just one is almost impossible! We have a doughnut-loving guest however, and I'll happily supply them as long as I don't have to eat them all, haha.
And another month of IHSW! I did poorly in my participation this year but some is better than none, right? :) This is a little kit I picked up in a thrift store (surprise, surprise!) a year or so ago. I've been wanting to stitch it for a while but was always busy and / or distracted. I had no idea how it would look completed as I have only the black & white pattern to go by. I'm terrible at imagining finished products. Maybe this is a skill that will come with time?
And there I stopped. I'm not sure how I feel about the weird yellow post color. I need to deliberate on it for a little while. I don't think I'd like a Christmas-y mailbox that a passing dog took a leaking to!
Now I'm off to oooh and ahh over everyone's much more substantial progress! Your fingers were indeed very productive.
I'm always so timely with these things but first up we have a delicious TUSAL. If you have no clue what TUSAL is, head on over to Daffycat's blog and join the fun!
![]() | |
| om nom nom |
I don't often buy doughnuts. They're tasty but eating just one is almost impossible! We have a doughnut-loving guest however, and I'll happily supply them as long as I don't have to eat them all, haha.
And another month of IHSW! I did poorly in my participation this year but some is better than none, right? :) This is a little kit I picked up in a thrift store (surprise, surprise!) a year or so ago. I've been wanting to stitch it for a while but was always busy and / or distracted. I had no idea how it would look completed as I have only the black & white pattern to go by. I'm terrible at imagining finished products. Maybe this is a skill that will come with time?
![]() |
| Gray brick with a tail! |
![]() | |
| Gray brick with a tail and ... head? |
![]() |
| Oh. |
![]() |
| Ohhhhhh. |
![]() | |
| :D |
And there I stopped. I'm not sure how I feel about the weird yellow post color. I need to deliberate on it for a little while. I don't think I'd like a Christmas-y mailbox that a passing dog took a leaking to!
Now I'm off to oooh and ahh over everyone's much more substantial progress! Your fingers were indeed very productive.






It's not just you who can't see where something is going from a B&W pattern ;-)
ReplyDeleteJust keep going - It's amazing how the "weird" colours usually look better once the rest is completed :)
Oh, that's good to know, LOL! I think I would be hopelessly confuddled by a HaED! And I did keep on truckin'; it still looks a little weird but I'll give it time. Maybe it'll grow on me, ahaha. :D
DeleteI've often wondered what a TUSAL is, thanks for that ^_^ Sweet little stitch.
ReplyDeletexox
Yes, I like to be a part of this -- even if I wasn't, I'd still save my little bits of floss to put out for the birds in spring! :D
DeleteiLife your festive mailbox, cure!
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I read this comment several times and have come to the conclusion you typed it on a phone with auto-correct, LOL! Thanks, though! :D
DeleteAww cute stitching and lovely Orts x
ReplyDeleteThank ya, cucki ma'am~ :D
DeleteLove your mailbox. it was a fun post as I tried to look at the pictures one at a time and guess.. I am not a good guesser
ReplyDeleteThank you muchly! I was amused at the way it was stitching up so I thought I'd have a little fun with the pictures! :D I'm glad you liked it too!
DeleteFun progression of photos to show how it's coming along! Nice!
ReplyDeleteCathy
Thanks a lot; the pictures were fun to take, too! :D
DeleteI thought it was going to be an elephant! a square one. :D
ReplyDeleteHahah, I bet there is one out there. Being totally square. Maybe I should make that pattern. :D
DeleteYou're not the only one who has trouble with a B&W photo. The mailbox is cute - I'd keep going. Once all the colours are in and the back stitch done, you may be surprised how good it looks.
ReplyDeleteIt's a relief that I'm not the only one! Thanks, I am plugging on with the color in hopes that things make more sense later on, haha. :D
Deletea very cute beginning sweetie, that has a real Xmas taste =)
ReplyDeletevery impatient to see more
happy stitching
xxx
Sankyuu~ I just hope it's not the only Christmas piece I manage this year! At my rate, it probably will be though, haha. :D
DeletePretty Orts!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :D
Delete